Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chapter 2: A few things done... Many left to do...

Right. It's late tonight, but the frogs in the reservoir outside my window are exceptionally loud and persistent, so I thought I might tire myself out by writing. Today I performed my first administrative tasks with the help of the physics teacher, Dan, worked on plans for a PE regimen for the girls, ate the most magnificently sweet mango I've ever tasted, washed some clothes, and taught game after card game to Rhodah, Sally, Jane, Carol, and Bridget, who are all in Form 4 (seniors). They start their hugely important KCSE exams in about a month, and I feel guilty for distracting them from studying, but they're so much fun to hang out with I can't resist.

Yesterday Jane sang me part of the opera duet she performed with her boyfriend for a Kenyan music festival and competition. She was so incredible without even warming up that I agreed then and there to use my computer to get her as much information on US universities with voice programs as possible. Rhodah wants to go to Harvard for Pre-law and Sally wants to study Public Relations. I want to help them apply, but I don't know the best way to do it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahha kat, i love this,
im so glad you showed us where to access it...
sounds and looks like kenya is great, not at all what i thought u were getting urself into, but i guess the showering in buckets and no electricity part of the trip comes later, right?
i miss you sooosoosoo much...
ive been procrastinating so much since ive gotten to school, i cant start work till like 9 pm which means i finish by like 4 am, which is horrible.
anyway, thats all the college news, lots and lots of studying, arent you glad you dont have to do that? i wish i could be there with you :)
love love loooooove,
laulau gut.
woot.
hahhahah
:)
oh, if only i was actually funny...