Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chapter 6: Katherine arrives in Mombasa and finishes telling her Ugandan stories

Just had a lovely (no sarcasm!) saltwater (I know because I opened my mouth... yeah... mistake...) shower at the Reef Hotel on Nyali Beach in Mombasa, where I am staying for two nights before heading down to Wasini with GVI. But to continue with my last chapter...

After rafting, we were bussed back upstream to the Backpacker's Hostel at Bujagali Falls, where we binged on meat, chapatis, vegetables, and Nile Specials. At 9 p.m. they showed us the awesome edited video of our day, and we spent the night in the Cormorant dorm.

Day 2 in Jinja, we walked around Main Street and Gennie and I got split up from the other three girls. No matter though, we took two bodas to the 2 Friends restaurant (cute, right?) and had cheeseburgers. At 6 p.m. Gen and the others caught the bus back to Kampala, and I spent the night at Explorers Backpackers Hostel (the homebase for Nile River Explorers) and caught the Akamba bus back to Nairobi the next morning. Another 13 hours... yay.

Pretty early on in this bus ride the boy (my age, I guess...) sitting next to me told me that he loved me and wanted to marry me. He was from Tanzania, so he knew almost no English. To give you an idea, he knew about as much English as I know French. Yup, tres petit. LOL

...

I am currently sitting in the hotel's cyber room, hoping that Laura, whom I called (gasp! on the phone!) about an hour ago and agreed to meet online, will get on to facebook so we can talk. Fell guilty, Lau, if you're reading this later. :D

P.S. Viva Obama!

No comments: